What does it take to be Eligible to Vote in Granger’s Elections?
(Election Code Sec. 11.001)
- Be a qualified voter as defined above
- Be a resident of the territory covered by the election for the office on which the person desires to vote
- Satisfy all other requirements for voting prescribed by law for a particular election
What are the State requirements?
The following are the requirements listed by the State of Texas:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be: totally mentally incapacitated, or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities